Full Job Description
Are you a CPA, CMA or CA?
Do you have knowledge on payroll systems and legislation?
Are you a natural leader with the ability to motivate and train staff to improve?
The Client is a Canadian tour operator that creates unforgettable holiday experiences for all. They are looking for a Director of Finance to support the President & CEO in providing leadership, advising on strategy, and overseeing accounting and finance operations within the organization. The ideal person for this role comes with proven experience and the ability to build and maintain relationships with Client and Suppliers
You will be in charge of ensuring the finance operations run smoothly and that there are processes and plans in place to meet the needs of the Client. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Guiding the organization in strategic planning and decision making
- Managing the corporate budget process, consolidating budget preparation and ensuring information is submitted to the appropriate parties
- Overseeing financial reporting, including financial analysis, monthly and annual reports, and other related documents
- Ensuring accounting policies and internal controls comply with GAAP
- Ensuring the organization adheres to Commodity and Income Tax laws
- Representing the department to all external tax agencies/representatives, Executive/Director group(s), leadership teams and the MIS Steering Committee
- Leading the Finance department through training and developing staff
- Supporting Human Resources and the application of Corporate HR policies and procedures
- Other related duties, as required
What you bring to the job
You are someone who can work well with a team and has a keen eye for detail. You also come with:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or accounting
- 5-10 years of related management experience
- One of the following designations: CPA, CMA, CGA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook on iOS and Windows), NAV an asset
- Bilingualism in French and English (oral and written) is preferred
- Proven capabilities in hiring, coaching, and managing staff
- Experience in a similar role is an asset